mission as professional school counselors of Osceola County is to
provide a comprehensive developmental Counseling and Guidance Program
that is proactive and responsive and inspires all students to reach
their highest potential.
1. All students have dignity, worth and the potential to be successful.
2. Growth and learning are developmental in nature; thus students learn through
different means and at individual rates.
3. The school counseling and guidance program is an essential and integral part
of the overall educational process.
4. Educational, career and personal objectives are achieved only when guidance
is provided for all students/families.
5. The School Counseling Program is successful when it is coordinated and
incorporated as a part of the district’s comprehensive curriculum.
Professional School Counselor Role:
school counselors are certified/licensed educators with the minimum of a
master’s degree in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to
address the developmental needs of all students through a comprehensive
school counseling program addressing the academic, career and
personal/social development of all students.